The Laws of Wolfhome
"I accept you into my pack," said The Guardian.
"But here, you are on my lands,
and you will follow my rules."
Wolfhome is not just a chat, it is a community. In order to best preserve the nonchalant atmosphere of the site, and to also serve the community better, we have established some rules that every member (including the Administration) is expected to follow. We have listed these rules below, but before you delve into them, there are some things we would like you to keep in mind in order for you to have the best experience on Wolfhome as possible.
While we will be actively enforcing these rules, we trust that you are able to handle the more minor annoyances on your own by way of communication with the other party or by utilizing the ignore feature. Communication is key in a community like Wolfhome and we suggest to always be cordial when approaching problems you may have with other users. However, if this does not work for you, please use the ignore feature. The ignore feature is a great function of Wolfhome that can immediately alleviate problems you are having with another user.
Be sure to read over the rules in full "But I
didn't know!" is not an acceptable excuse on Wolfhome. As soon as you
have registered, you have agreed to be subject to these rules as well as
our Terms of Service. Before you register or participate in this site
in any manner, you should read the rules all the way through to ensure
you will be able to abide by them.
As of March 2nd, 2013, Wolfhome became a Chatlands site for users thirteen years of age or older. Wolfhome established this rule to ensure that children were not exposed to content above their age level. If you are not thirteen years of age, please do not sign up for Wolfhome. Wolfhome Administrators will permanently ban users under the age of thirteen from this site, whether or not they have parental consent. These users are allowed to return upon turning thirteen years old, but must send in a Problem Ticket appealing their ban by stating they are now old enough to use Wolfhome.
bear in mind that you are responsible for whatever happens on your
account, so it is advised that you keep your password a secret. If
someone uses your account and gets banned, this ban will count towards
you in the future. This includes allowing others to use your e-mail
account(s) to gain access to Wolfhome. Be sure to take extra
precautions, such as making your password difficult to guess, and
utilizing the '!lock' command.Private Rooms Owners of a private room are responsible for what happens in said room. This means that when you enter another user’s room, you are subject to their rules. If you do not like the rules laid down by the room owner, we suggest going to another location. The only times that the Wolfhome Administration Team will intervene in private rooms are when safety threats (this includes death threats and self harm threats), hack threats, virus threats, suicide threats are made or the propositioning of a minor occurs.
Users under the age of thirteen who joined and were actively using the site on or before March 2nd, 2013 are considered 'grandfathered in users', and are allowed to use the site as long as they have parental consent.
I. All users who are below the age of 13 and joined after the cut off date will be permanently banned from the site. These permanent bans can be appealed upon or after turning 13 years old.
Wolfhome is extremely serious when it comes to protecting minors. We
make every effort to keep this site safe and enjoyable for all users.
Adult users (18+) are subject to additional expectations when
interacting with underage users. It is unacceptable for any adult user
to expose an underage user (minor) to explicit content of any kind. This
rule also covers propositioning minors, exposing them to explicit
content, any Not Safe For Work (NSFW)
material, or any other potentially unsafe activities. Anyone caught
doing so will be permanently banned from ALL Chatlands sites. Instances
of propositioning minors will be reported to the appropriate Internet
Service Provider (ISP) and/or local legal authorities.
**A permanent ban across ALL Chatlands sites will be placed for any cases
of propositioning a minor/a minor propositioning an adult, or adult
users exposing minors to explicit content of any kind.
Opening or entering another person's private room
on Wolfhome, without their knowledge and without their consent, is not
acceptable. Using another's personal room without permission will be
considered a form of theft, and said user can be removed from the room
and given an official warning. If this occurs, the room owner will need
to report it to the Wolfhome Administration directly so it can be
which means a subordinate behaving as a ranked administrator, is
something we frown upon here on Wolfhome. In some cases, it can lead to
degrading or shaming of another user publicly. Mini-modding is more
hurtful than helpful, and should be avoided. Administrators are promoted
and trained to properly deal with these issues. So when issues arise,
please notify an on duty administrator. While mini-modding is not necessarily against the rules, if it evolves into harassment the Administration will handle it as such.Golden RuleRemember
to treat others how you wish to be treated! If you cannot get along
with a user, you may always use the ignore feature, which is available
to all users of the site.
Any content that is above the following guidelines in profile content will be met with a reminder. If the content is not removed after 24 hours of your next login, an official warning will be given. If you do not login 72 hours after receiving the reminder, you will be notified that the profile content has been removed via a chat message, but not given a warning. After any three subsequent warnings on the chat, content in profiles that break these guidelines will result in a ban. Usernames that break these guidelines will be met with an e-mailed warning. If the username is not changed upon the next login, a ban will be placed.All rules below follow the regular ban ladder unless otherwise noted after the rule in italics; however, if the situation is deemed serious enough or a user continuously breaks a single rule, their punishment may skip rungs in the ladder (even after their ladder is reset).
1.) Inappropriate Content
(back to top)
While Wolfhome does not abide by established PG-13 standards, it allows those who are 13 and older, so we ask that you be mindful of those around you when you are having certain conversations or discussions. Illegal URLs and discussing illegal activity is also against our guidelines.
- We do not have swearing restrictions in effect; however, we ask that you continue your consideration when using these words. If you have a problem with cursing, please put the user on ignore.
- If you wish to have adult conversations, please do so in a private setting (private message). We do not allow R-rated content to be discussed or talked about in public. This includes discussing sexual positions, scenarios, or contexts, and linking to shock sites and other inappropriate content. ** Linking to shock sites or porn will result in a permanent, cross-Chatlands ban.
- Controlled substances (including prescription medications and illegal drugs) are allowed to be discussed on Wolfhome as long as it is done in an educational or constructive manner. Discussion of controlled substances without the intent to inform in this way is not allowed as it is a home to all varieties of people.
- Subjecting others to or directly linking unfiltered NSFW ("not suitable for work") content, such as an image, a gallery, or video, to others is not acceptable. Linking to offsite content that is filtered for viewing audience, for example, content that is only viewable to individuals who have the "NSFW filter" on, is acceptable. ** Linking to porn will result in a permanent, cross-Chatlands ban.
- Sheaths are acceptable in artwork if there is no detail, it is a slight bulge and isn't sexualized. Bulges on anthros are acceptable if it is a smooth, round bulge such as the ones present on our crinos poses or on a Ken Barbie Doll; there is no more than one bulge; and there is no indication of a phallic shape. Nipples may only be present on feral artwork on the forum as well as on flat chested characters on anthros. Nipples are NOT permitted on any female identifying character or on any non-flat chest/breast, regardless of the gender.
- Linking to pirated or otherwise illegal software or websites that harm the viewer's computer.
- Linking to or publishing images in your profile that may trigger epilepsy.
(back to top)
Spamming the chat by sending numerous messages rapidly is not allowed. This also includes sending gibberish, such as "dkfjsdkljfaklsdf". We do not allow this because it can slow down the connection for other users. There is no specific limit to how much you can use capitals, although be aware that in online-lingo it is considered "yelling". You will be warned after four lines of any kind of spam, even if it's broken up by slight chatting.
The following are a couple examples of text spam:
Guardian: WXY AND Z
Users who use the subscription level of Standard or higher, have access to the "!Away" feature and need to keep in mind that your away message must not be too overbearing. For example, if it stretches long enough and takes up a large portion of the room it will be considered a form of spam. This also includes using this feature to intentionally disturb other users.
The following is an example of an away message that would be considered spam:
The following is an example of an acceptable away message:
3.) Disturbing the Peace
(back to top)
In most cases disturbing the peace refers to behaving in ways that are upsetting or unsettling to people within the community, causing emotional grief, or trauma. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Creating unnecessary drama to intentionally disturb another user. This includes misrepresenting administrative action and falsifying administrative statements.
- Faking your own, or someone else's trauma (such as death, an accident...etc.). ** Severe DTP such as this will result in a Permanent, Cross-Chatlands Ban.
- Subjects, images or content that can trigger other members of the community (such as talk of: rape, self-harm, suicide, hate group propaganda or extremist speech, etc.). ** Hate group propaganda and extremist speech are taken very seriously and most instances of it will lead to serious, if not permanent, bans depending on the severity of the situation.
- Trolling, which can be defined as joining the site for the sole purpose of harassing, causing grief, or otherwise disturbing the peace. ** Trolling will result in a permanent ban across Chatlands without warning.
- The impersonation of anyone other than yourself, regardless of context. ** Impersonation can result in a permanent ban across Chatlands depending upon the severity of the situation.
- Public blacklists of any kind.
4.) Harassment (back to
Harassment, which is irritating or tormenting members of this community persistently, is not acceptable. There are many different types of harassment, but harassment of any kind will not be tolerated on this website. This includes:
- Irritating, annoying or tormenting members of this community persistently through means such as "flaming", "egging on", or "shaming".
- Uncalled for and inappropriate name calling or inappropriate and hurtful slang (such as terms against homosexuality, racial groups, political affiliations...etc.).
- Sexual harassment or sexual innuendos. ** Sexual harassment may easily lead to a lengthy ban depending upon the situation.
- Stalking members of this community. ** Stalking may easily lead to a lengthy ban depending upon the situation.
- Targeting other users in regards to personal issues or differences. Using the chats to criticize or upset others you have personal differences with is not tolerated.
- Repeatedly asking or harassing Administrators about pending poses, bans, warnings, disputing bans publicly, asking to become an Administrator, etc., as well as reuploading rejected poses multiple times without correction.
- Uncalled for or negative criticism against your fellow community members.
- Demeaning an artist for their skills level in artistry (such as mocking, making fun of, or speaking ill of another user and their works of art, literature, etc.).
- Prejudice against religious or spiritual beliefs and extremist points of view. Please keep these to yourself and do not force them upon others.
- Naming & Shaming and/or pointing out Art Theft. If you do see Art Theft, please contact a member of the Wolfhome Staff and we will handle it.
- Cursing at other users if it is done so in a belittling, demeaning, or malicious manner. This includes flipping off other users, a group, or an affiliation with a pose or other image that includes the middle finger. Jokingly cursing at friends or calling them names is allowed in moderation, as long as all parties involved understand that it is in jest. If it is reported to the administration and there is no clear joke intended, action will be taken against your account. Any racial, derogatory, or gender slurs will absolutely not be allowed under any circumstances. Updated!
5.) False Reports (back
While we encourage you to report any suspicious activity you see, in no way do we promote falsely accusing other users. If you make false reports against another user, we will take action against your account instead. So please be respectful of other users and do not purposely try to get them in trouble if they did nothing wrong.
** False reports automatically result in an NG. However, if it appeared to have good intentions, you will receive a reminder.
||6.) 18+ Rooms (back to top)|
18+ rooms are for adults only. If you are under the age of 18 and are
caught changing your account ages to enter these rooms, or in any way
entering an 18+ room, you will be permanently banned without warning.
1.) Prohibited Content
While these rooms are listed as 18+, there is still content that will not be allowed to be posted in public chat.
- Pornographic videos, artwork, literature, images or themes
- Nonconsensual themes and sexual assault themes in writing or artwork
- Promoting, describing, and sharing videos/images of self harm and eating disorders
- Encouraging / Promoting for other users to do drugs
- NSFW real life selfies, videos or anything of the sort
- Videos containing other explicit content (such as abuse, animal cruelty, pornography)
- Pirated or otherwise illegal software or websites that harm the viewer's computer.
7.) Multiple Accounts (back to top)
You are allowed to have as many accounts as you wish. Each e-mail can host up to four accounts. However, try not to use multiple accounts in the same room. This is known as "multi-accounting" and is frowned upon because it takes up slots in rooms that other users could use. Multi-accounting is acceptable until the room is more than halfway full or another user has a problem with it. You will then be asked to remove your additional account by an Administrator.
8.) Safety Threats
(back to top)
Wolfhome has zero tolerance for death threats. Talk of killing, how to kill, threatening someone with murder or anything of the sort is not allowed. Death threats made in a joking manner amongst friends, is the only exception to this rule. Keep in mind, if the death threat is deemed too severe / graphic or it's unclear that the threat was made in Role-Play and/or friendly banter, a ban can be placed on your account. Please note that if a Role-Play death threat is deemed too graphic / violent in nature, it will fall under a breach of PG-13 (gore). In regards to private rooms, Administrators will not handle Role-Play death threats unless the user feels that the threat is genuine and they file a report.
These are the minimum ban lengths that will occur for death threat scenarios (higher or shorter ban lengths may be given if deemed necessary):
- A permanent ban will be placed if the death threat is deemed serious enough.
Suicide & Self-Harm Threats
As members of a community, we want to look out for one another and be sure that everyone is okay. The Wolfhome Administration does take suicide threats and self-harm threats very seriously, because we want to ensure that our users are safe and have access to help if they need it. Equally, we want to ensure that users who may be triggered are not negatively impacted by this type of talk, which is why we do not allow public discussion of suicide or self-harm threats.
- Talking about recent self-harm or talk of suicide, either on your behalf or the behalf of someone else on the site, will result in an e-mail being sent with helpful links. This is in order to make sure individuals get the help they need.
- If talk of suicide or self-harm persists, it will result in warnings or bans being given. The authorities or ISP may also be contacted if the case is severe.
We also have zero tolerance for rape threats. Talking of raping, how to rape, or threatening someone with rape is not allowed. This applies to both serious, joking, and role-play contexts. These are the minimum ban lengths that will occur for death threat scenarios (higher ban lengths may be given if deemed necessary):
- A three day to a one week ban will be placed if the rape threat is made in a roleplaying section.
- A month long ban will be placed if the rape threat is made in a roleplaying context outside of a roleplaying section.
- A permanent ban will be placed if the rape threat is deemed serious enough.
9.) Hack & Virus Threats (back to top)
Threatening to hack or send viruses, or even talking about potentially hacking or sending viruses to another user or website, is not tolerated on this site. We ask that you do not talk about, share tips or tricks, or share links about hacking, sending viruses, or discuss potentially hacking or sending viruses. Even talk of hacking or sending viruses in a joking manner will result in serious action taken, as it is something we must take seriously.
- Hack & virus threats almost always result in an immediate permanent ban.
10.) Propositioning Minors (back to top)
Wolfhome will in no way tolerate the propositioning of minors. We make every effort to keep this site safe and enjoyable for all users. Minors should not have to be exposed to illegal enticement while on Wolfhome. Anyone caught doing so will be permanently banned from all Chatlands sites straight away. No exceptions. Instances of propositioning minors will be reported to the appropriate Internet Service Provider (ISP) and/or legal authority as possible law enforcement. This also goes for any minor who is caught propositioning an adult. Action will be taken against any minor who does so.
- A permanent ban will be placed for any cases of propositioning a minor or a minor propositioning an adult.
11.) Art Theft (back to top)
Art Theft is something that the Wolfhome Staff takes very seriously on both Forum and Chat. For a full definition and explanation of what Art Theft is, please see the ART FAQ. Art Theft is something the Wolfhome Administration will never tolerate. This includes:
- Linking material that is not yours, but claiming that it is; otherwise known as copyright infringement.
- Posting traced or very heavily referenced artwork and claiming it as your own work.
- Selling or trading material that does not belong to you.
- Using or attempting to use artwork that you do not have permission to use, whether it be it belongs to someone else, the the artist requests that it not be used on Wolfhome, modifying artwork that you do not have permission to modify, not paying for the artwork, or thieved another user's character and/or artwork.
These are the minimum ban lengths that will occur for Art Theft scenarios (higher ban lengths may be given if deemed necessary, for example, users who have other prior offenses):
- A warning sent via e-mail and private message on the Wolfhome chat for a first offense
- A three day ban for a second offense.
- A two week ban for a third offense.
- A permanent ban for a fourth offense.
- Bans for art theft are counted towards all other types bans, but in a much harsher manner. For example, usually a 12 hour ban would increase to a 3 day ban on your next offense. However with art theft it works as follows:
- If you have been banned for twelve hours on chat, a second Art Theft offense would result in a one week ban.
- If you have been banned for three days on chat, a second Art Theft offense would result in a two week ban.
- If you have been banned for one week on chat, a second Art Theft offense would result in a one month ban.
- If you have been banned for two weeks on chat, a second Art Theft offense would result in a permanent ban.
Please note that these rules may be updated as time goes on. All changes will be reflected on this page. By agreeing to abide by these rules upon registration, you are responsible for also abiding by any changes made to the rules. This also includes abiding by the Wolfhome Forum rules, regarding rules such as: blacklists, animal transactions and third party selling.
If you are at all confused by these rules, feel free to ask a member of the staff! Clarification is the best way to avoid issues in the future.
Last updated: August 19, 2021
Problem Solving Strategies for Wolfhome (by Underdog)
"I want to take a minute to explain how I expect members of Wolfhome to approach problems with another user, whether that other user is a Subordinate, Gamma, Beta or Alpha... The goal is to try and keep the public forums clear of the acrimony that plagued the previous two incarnations of Wolfhome. I want to make these suggestions:
"1. When you have a problem with some other user, first you need to send a message to that person explaining yourself. Avoid sarcasm or other things that would add more "heat than light". State your case plainly and politely. If someone has done you an injustice, make it clear why you feel that way, but do not make things more complicated by attacking back. Resist the temptation to "tell them off". Try to resolve the problem in a private message.
"2. If you are unable to resolve the problem by working directly with the other person, you should escalate it to someone of higher rank. So, for example, if you are a Subordinate and you are having problems with another Subordinate, send a private message to a Gamma about it, or speak with them privately.
"3. If escalating to the next level doesn't work, continue to escalate. There's no reason why you have to go through each level, but try to if you can. If all else fails, please do not hesitate to contact me (or another Alpha) directly about problems with an administrator. Be aware that I want to think highly of my team, but that doesn't mean that they are infallible.
"4. The main goal is to try to resolve problems without turning it into a public argument. For what it's worth, any time that I see a PUBLIC discussion of some problem that should have been handled in PRIVATE, I tend to be strongly biased against the public debate. So, it serves your purpose to avoid airing "dirty laundry" in public. This means, be discreet and private. PM the Alphas, rather than post a negative topic.
"5. If all else fails, and you have moved up the ladder and STILL don't have a fair resolution, then by all means you are free to take it public. You could have done it all along, of course. But keep in mind that I am not going to cave in to mob rule. I am the Alpha at Wolfhome. What I say is final. I want to keep people happy, but I am going to do what I feel is right, regardless of any public vote.
"I believe that one of the root causes of the collapse of the previous two incarnations of Wolfhome had to do with arguments on public forums. I do not want to eliminate those, but I want them to be a last resort. Thanks for helping me reach that goal."
Thank you for participating in our site and happy chatting!